SEO website optimization for the search engine
Search engine optimization of the website is a painstaking and responsible stage of business development on the Internet. There are many opinions about the importance and necessity of SEO optimization. Some people think that it should be done independently after watching a few videos and reading forums. Others say that only experts can qualitatively optimize the website. Let’s deal with the process of working on content and then we will draw conclusions about how to proceed best in promoting the websites.
Search engine optimization of a website is, first of all, a work on the content, so that it corresponds to a certain topic. Of course, do not forget about the technical part of the web resource. But all these efforts will not lead to the desired result, unless the ultimate goal is defined. Initially, you need to determine the so-called “semantic core” of the site, and only then work on the content.
The first stage of website optimization is the semantic core
As already mentioned above, the website search engine optimization begins with the analysis of search queries or keywords. Promoting of the website without knowing where and without knowing how is a waste of time and money. If someone suggests that you raise 100 keywords to the first page of Google at a tempting price, then you should be immediately on the alert. At once, I want to clarify two points: a SEO specialist has more skills and knows how to do the whole process correctly. However, there is no one better that you who knows your business best and about what is more profitable for you to promote. Because of this, it is necessary to draw a conclusion that the best option is to learn how to promote websites and do it yourself or to work closely with optimizers, stipulating all the moments. Therefore, it is easy to bring 100 keywords to the first page of the search engine without having any benefit.
In order for the selected keywords to be profitable, we need to understand the algorithms for choosing keywords. Briefly, I want to mention three main factors:
- the number of keyword requests per month;
- global and private competition;
- the type of the keyword.
By analyzing these factors, you can choose the strategy of search engine optimization and promotion. Also it should be noted that the entire site needs to be optimized, therefore, it is necessary to select keywords for all pages of the website, and not just for the main page.
To collect and analyze data, you should use a special tool – the keyword planner in Google Ads. If you have not worked with it before, then in addition to the confusing interface, there is a problem with access to this service. Earlier it was available to everyone, but now you can use it only if previously there was a set up in your account or if there were active advertising campaigns. I have an active account from which I can upload keywords in .xslx or .csv format in order to work on this list. It is also possible for me to complete or partially work on the semantic core for a particular website. The cost of selecting keywords is starting from $5 for one web page. However, it all depends on the subject matter, the number of pages, and the website itself as a whole.
The second stage of search engine optimization is the work on content
When the correct basis for website optimization (a semantic core) is laid, it is necessary to proceed safely to work on the content. A lot of articles have been written and quite a few videos have been filmed on the topic of optimizing meta tags, text, and images. Therefore, I will not repeat the key rules of SEO optimization of the website, but only give a few tips.
- Never hesitate to ask experts who do website optimization for you, what they do and why. Note, that many people will not even try to tell you what they will do. This is done in order to work less and earn more. If you approve the plan of work, then take a couple of minutes and try to get to the heart of matter.
- If you receive reports on the work done, be sure to check them. In my teaching practice, I often come across with reports (they were provided by other SEO companies to my students) with a lot of unnecessary and useless information. If you do not fully understand the reports, then ask questions because this is what you pay for. And yet, it is easier to check and understand reports on promotion because there are established tasks, goals and rules for their implementation. However, it is much harder to establish and assess the cost and the load of work and to verify the correctness of the implementation on internal website optimization. Therefore, to determine the price of the SEO optimization is possible only after the analysis.
- If you have any free time, try to learn more about search engine optimization of websites to begin practicing. However, it does not mean that in the meantime you will promote your web resource independently. Although, you should not rule out such an option. By understanding SEO optimization algorithms, you will be able to set the goals for promotion in order to increase the effectiveness of your business.
The best of all is to optimize your website for search engines by yourself. If there are no knowledge and skills, then the following option of work will be acceptable: you prepare the text, the specialist does it SEO optimization, then you approve it. In case of revision of the text, it is better to show it to the specialist again. Remember, you are responsible for the meaning of the content, while the SEO specialist is concerned only with ensuring that this text matches the algorithms of the search engines.
The third stage of SEO optimization is the adjustment of technical elements
Properly selected keywords and optimized content can be crossed out by incorrect website operation. Technical elements are responsible for ensuring that information and all content are correctly and regularly updated by search robots. This process is called site indexing. Here are some examples of the settings:
- only one version of the website should be indexed;
- empty or unnecessary pages should not be indexed;
- elimination of duplicate content;
- specify working document sitemap.xml;
- the correct settings for the priority and frequency of site updates.
These settings are most often configured once and for a long time. Review them and re-configure the technical elements if you have global changes on the website or have problems with indexing the content. Even if there are several typical mistakes that occur most often, there is a need to check everything including the most typical mistakes. This you can do yourself or request a short SEO analysis of internal website optimization for free from me.
If you have any questions about search engine optimization of a website or you want to check your web page, send me an application, and I will do an analysis in the near future. Also, write me a question or a problem so that a short analysis will be most useful for you. You can tell me immediately about price of SEO services that you expect, so that I can choose a suitable development strategy for you. I am waiting for your applications.